Tuesday 22 May 2012

Landon to Return?

USA International Landon Donovan has today expressed his hopes of returning to Everton once again for a third loan spell. Since his first loan at the club, Donovan has become a fan favourite and his fantastic abilities on the pitch has one us some important games including Manchester City and Chelsea. The loanee joined Everton again in January after 2 years. And again, he proved to everyone why he remains important to Everton Football Club.

Today, he told the press that he would love to return to the club. Landon said "I would absolutely like to come back, theres no question about that. And I know I'll be back at some point. Now, whether I'm back as a player or just as a fan, who knows?".

Personally, I would love to see Landon back in an Everton shirt. I don't agree with people saying his second loan spell at the club was less effective as the first. I felt like he played as more of a creator this time around and the assist for Anichebes goal against Aston Villa a few months ago emphasises this point.

I honestly don't think we'll see Landon back this summer. If he agrees to come back to Everton, I'm sure it will be another loan spell in January. The man is loyal to LA Galaxy and so I don't blame him for not wanting a permanent deal here. Of course, I would love him to sign but I just don't see it happening. Either way, he has been added to our Transfer Rumour Page as we will keep hope of him rejoining the Blues.


No comments:

Post a Comment